Powerful Digital Marketing Strategies: Growth Hacking Part 2
In the previous article we have talked about digital growth hacking and how it is able to help change small businesses and startups (click here if you haven’t read it). However, few people can take the provided information and put it into something that they can actually use. This is exactly why we will provide you with a number of different perspectives of how growth hacking works.
The Primary Tactics Most Growth Hackers Use
If you want to know what most growth hackers are able to do for you, you have to understand their methods and their tools. These are just a handful of tools that most growth hackers are going to use to help build marketing interest.
- Viral acquisition – It is possible to use existing users to share your product with new users by leveraging built-in product features
- Content marketing – It is possible to increase site traffic and brand awareness with viral videos, infographics, and blog posts. By leveraging these methods, it is possible to turn visitors into users.
- Paid acquisition – There are many different types of paid acquisition. Think TV, radio, mobile ads, display ads, Facebook ads, search engine marketing and much more. Also consider affiliate marketing or offering a deal to third-party marketers who are willing to promote your product.
- A/B testing* and analytics – While not a direct acquisition method, we cannot deny that A/B testing and heavy data analytics can help improve your conversion funnels* and overall acquisition.
- E-mail marketing – E-mail marketing is a significant part of any growth hacking strategy if you want to encourage users to spend more money and offer them some engagement. E-mail marketing is invaluable when it comes to digital marketing.
These tools are great for any digital marketing strategy, but you have to know how to use them. If you are unable to use these tools accordingly, chances are that you are not reaching your desired segment levels.
*A/B Testing (also called Split Testing) is the process of comparing two versions of a webpage to see which one performs better.
*Conversion Funnel is the theoretical customer journey towards the purchase of a product or service.
The Ways to Get New Visitors (Three P’s Of Growth Hacking)
The idea behind digital marketing is that you can generate traffic and interest to your site. You want new eyeballs on your site. There are three P’s to getting new visitors. These include the following:
- PULL – You have to pull in visitors to generate interest. You draw them to you, incentivize them, and entice them. You give them a reason to come to your website. This article here is one of the ways that you PULL people, we did not actively seek you out, you found this article yourself.
- PUSH – If you compare the two actions, the push is obviously a bit more aggressive. Rather than waiting for people to come to you, you give them a push (a nudge) onto your website. You might have an ad before a popular YouTube clip. This is going to ‘push’ them towards your product. You find out where your consumers are online and you guide them towards what you have to offer.
- PRODUCT – The product itself is the third way that traffic can end up on your site. You might understand how a product can be used to get new traffic if you have ever been invited onto a new social network by your friends. The people using the product are adding more people to the product.
We might have provided you with a handful of different options, but these might still be a bit too abstract for you. These are some of the ways that most digital marketing specialists are able to reach their target audience, by using these tools:
- Blogging or guest posting – This is one of the better ways to generate traffic, and it is a tried and true method. You are able to create the post and decide how you want to portray yourself to the outside world. They are an excellent tool for educating people and can establish you as a thought leader.
- Whitepapers, guides, eBooks – This is an effective pull strategy and allows you to spread throughout social media very effectively. Especially because these have a high perceived value, it allows you to ask for an e-mail address in exchange for these options. You can even generate an eBook that specifically speaks to your product or service.
- Social media – Social media is one of the best ways to get traffic to your website. There are many do’s and don’ts when it comes to social media though (so much so that we could spend a separate article on it). You do not want to bother people, do not want to buy followers, and do not want to follow or unfollow people as a way of getting attention.
Once you look at growth hacking, it seems like a straightforward method of acquiring interest. The problem is that (as with most things) it is not as easy as it seems. If you are unaware of how to utilize growth hacking effectively, you are just using a mediocre form of marketing. That is just one of the reasons that so many startups and small businesses have come to rely on professional growth hackers who are able to make a genuine difference.
What do you think? Please join the conversation by leaving a comment below.
Author Hercules Pekkas © All Rights Reserved. Copyright Protected & Monitored by DMCA.